The year 2009 was a year that has seen so many changes in my life and career. Changes that introduced new challenges, and challenges that made me reflect on things I normally do not reflect on.
It began with me working for a new company in a foreign country, observing and learning a foreign culture. Being a pioneer in a company that had grandiose plans for the United Kingdom, Middle East and the rest of the world had you face different and exciting challenges on a daily basis. Learning new things and meeting new faces as I went along, work was going along just fine if not for the economic crisis.
Exciting as it was, I experienced first-hand the choices in life that an OFW makes on a daily basis. Moving away from the family to work as part of one’s goal to conquer the world did not work out as intended. Being homesick and disconnected, the situation has taken its toll both emotionally and physically on me and my family.
I had to make a choice between career and family and I chose the later.
Now, I am fortunately still working for the same outfit but now in a much better situation being with the family I love and work so much hard for.
2010 presents itself to me as a great year with another plethora of choices of which I will face head on. This year will be a prosperous one as great things happen to those who think of and believe in great things.
Tips for Evil Overlord’s Children on Father’s Day
- Evil Overlord Dads gets a sudden burst of adrenaline and motivation after receiving a cute and cudly fathers day poem for kids or a special fathers day quote, or even a fathers day message. This proves to be an effective way to boost their egomainiacal personas.
- Fire up the Doomsday-destabilizer-bread-toaster while Evil Overlord Mom cooks Evil Overlord Dad some father’s day breakfast. That is, after Evil Overlord Mom and Dad had their own private exchange of evil doings in the wee hours of the morning.
- Invite imprisoned and fallen Evil Overlord Bernie Madoff for a Skype conference/breakfast with Dad over granula and milk and ask Madoff, “where the hell is my evil world domination money?”.
- Get North Korea to target Dad’s Evil Island Base in the Pacific so Evil Overlord Dad can test his anti-missile ion graphics shield.
- Invite David Letterman for lunch and give him a copy of the exclusively discounted and highly acclaimed (endorsed, on air, by both Governor Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh) documentary on the media coverage of the 2008 election from John Ziegler.
Anymore ideas to add? Feel free to comment on all this nonsense. Happy Father’s Day in advance!